Monday, August 1, 2011

Who wants a cross body? (Current picks in bags)

I do, that's who. I think a friend and I had found a few nice ones at some nameless thrift store but naturally when we went back they were not there.


ASOS Contrast Handle Flat Lock Across Body - $25.86
I have my eye on this one (really, it's called across body? awkward) but am having a raging battle in my head about which color. You wanna hear?

"*Gasp* They have it in teal!"
"Oh, but this peachy red is quite nice too..."
"But we buy things in teal on principle -_- ..."
"But I've also been harbouring a soft spot for stuff that is peachy... and coraly..."
"Oh please. You were harboring the teal bias for like two years and you just now admitted that you like teal. So much for not having a favorite color."
"This is not about my contradictions. If we don't agree on something we're going to end up with two very cute bags and no money."

Too much I think. And just in case you were interested, my favorite water marble manicure so far has been a combination of teal, coral/peach, and a shimmery white. I will put up pictures as per Jasmine's request in the comments (or should I say comment, haha, love you).

Anyhow, this cross body has the perfect shape and I like the texture (or how it looks on my computer screen anyhow). We'll see which one I decide on. ASOS has free shipping both ways so I do have options. I foresee that I may end up getting the color that wasn't chosen later on anyway.


The Two Tone Zip Around Wallet in Blue by co-lab - $38
Wallet, bag, it's all down the same alley. The two are related. While some clutches and bags may be smaller than a wallet, I still wouldn't choose to use my wallet as the bag of the day but I probably wouldn't go anywhere without a wallet so where there are bags, there are usually wallets. Apologies, cabin fever. I like the two tone-ness of it all. And it's a nice cobalt-ish blue and the contrast with the camel is very bold and fun. Now let's decide: do we like those 38 dollars in our current beat up wallet or do we want a new funkier yet empty one? Haha.


The Plush Face Tote by Domo - $20
Domo! Look at that, the tote is 18 dollars cheaper and so terribly cute! No pun intended (though now that I think about it...). It has a velour front, hence the plush. I will just have to cross over to the dark side and buy a pink bag. What, they really do have cookies! And people who grew up in my house have no immunity to the lure of cookies. Ok, well some. All you have to do is look at your tummy in the mirror and you gain immunity to that extra cookie. The other four... oh well.

Push the Envelope Tan Purse - $31
See, I'm not the only one with puns. A friend and long standing shopping buddy of shopping buddies suggested that I might be cultivating a fondness for camel and similar colors. It's true. That aside, this bag looks like an envelope! How can you resist? I guess you can.

ASOS Lighting Bolt Clutch - $43.10It's a bright fun purple and has edgy fun cartoony lighting bolts on it. It's also a nice material and can fit a decent amount of stuff. Win win.


ASOS Clean Line Double Buckle Satchel - $43.10
This is sort of like a cross body because of its size and the strap. I like this material in bags and especially lately you can get them in a lot of cool colors such as this one rather than the typical black, brown, etc.


Joia Asymmetrical Foldover Clutch - $45
I like that this one has a detachable chain. It's also folder over which gives you the illusion that you can stuff it with stuff but really, if you stuffed it till the top it wouldn't foldover, haha



Merona Satchel - Teal/Purple - $34.99 or your local Target
Link's for the teal, btw though it'll probably have a link on the same page for the purple. I had a raging internal battle about these two too but the teal won. Again, it's that lovely leather (fake, which is good) material. I never know what to do with the straps on these bags because if you use them you randomly have handles dangling and if you don't then you have a random strap dangling. You could take it off but it tends to leave a big "strap was here" sign in its wake.


Ferrari Replica Shoulder Bag - $65
Now see, my laptop would look lovely in this. Well it probably wouldn't look anything because it'd be inside but oh well. I would save this for the days when we're toting my laptop around or going sporty. Today I did my scan of sports fashion apparel sites after a long time, post coming up (lots of them, lots!).



Puma Heritage Grip Bag - $76
Speaking of sports fashion... Can't go wrong with this shape though it's not for everyone. I'm one of those people but I do like this one. I like the Puma logo detail and the strap detail. Now how I'd keep it clean... well Mr. Clean hasn't failed me yet so who knows. I kid :P

I've been doing this post since yesterday! (I fell asleep, sorry) Now on to others.

1 comments:

Greetings! What is your opinion on commercials of all kinds on blogging resources?

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More